"This is a profession-wide campaign with no boundaries of individual philosophy, organizational membership or personal difference," said Dr. Carl Cleveland III, ACC president and president of Cleveland College of Chiropractic. "This is our opportunity to bring the image of this profession in line with the reality of today's chiropractic practice." Dr. Cleveland pledged $10,000 on behalf of the Kansas City and Los Angeles campuses at the meeting.
"Supporting the foundation was the right thing to do," added Mark Zeigler, DC, president of Northwestern Health Sciences University, who pledged $25,000 to the foundation on behalf of Northwestern. "We are setting an example for our collective student bodies, and we are confident that the foundation, which has gained a tremendous amount of press for the profession, will continue to drive positive press for chiropractic."
Here are the college support pledges received by the FCP, along with each institution's previous donation totals. (Life University was not among the colleges pledging support because President Guy Riekeman, DC, did not attend the ACC meeting. However, Life has contributed $10,000 to the foundation in the past 10 months. Other ACC member institutions without representation at the meeting: University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, Anglo-European Chiropractic College, and the chiropractic department at the Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres.)
- Northwestern Health Sciences University: $25,000 pledge; $30,000 donated previously.
- Logan College of Chiropractic: $15,000 pledge; $10,000 donated previously.
- Palmer Colleges: $10,300 pledge; $12,500 donated previously (also pledged an additional $18,000 over the next three years).
- Southern California University of Health Sciences: $10,200 pledge.
- Life West College of Chiropractic: $10,100 pledge.*
- Parker College of Chiropractic: $10,000 pledge; $25,000 donated previously.
- Cleveland College of Chiropractic: $10,000 pledge; previously donated $2,000
- New York College of Chiropractic: $10,000 pledge; previously donated $1,000.
- Texas College of Chiropractic: $6,000 pledge; previously donated $5,000.
- Sherman College of Chiropractic: $6,000 pledge; previously donated $200.
- National University of Health Sciences: $6,000 pledge.
- Western States Chiropractic College: $6,000 pledge.
- New Zealand College of Chiropractic: $6,000 pledge.
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College: $3,000 pledge.
"We are grateful to [the ACC and its numerous education institutions] for making this donation, a momentous turning point in the foundation's history and the history of chiropractic," said Kent S. Greenawalt, foundation president.