You may have noticed the list of "app-exclusive" articles in the directory on the front page of the print issue and in the Table of Contents on page 4. You can't find these articles in print or even in our online archives.You can only read them in the Dynamic Chiropractic app.
Why an app? That's an easy one. First, with an app publication, the information is available sooner. Instead of sending your issue to the printer, bindery, mailing house and ultimately the post office, the app version is uploaded and you receive notification on your tablet and via e-mail.
If you are like most doctors of chiropractic, you may already own a tablet. It almost doesn't matter what kind you have, because our new apps are made for iPad, Android and most Kindle tablets. But even if you don't own a tablet, you can still enjoy reading Dynamic Chiropractic (and DC Practice Insights) in between appointments on your laptop / personal computer as well.
Reviewing the Benefits
App reading provides a long list of benefits in addition to quicker access to the news and information impacting the profession and your practice:
- Better Article Presentations – Apps are a platform for all types of media. Authors can add digital slide shows, video demonstrations and other enhancements that make the information they are presenting more understandable and more interactive.
- Advertiser Videos and Special Offers – App advertising presents many advantages; app ad product videos, special offers and direct links make it easier to save money and get the information you want immediately.
- A Better Environment – Every year, demand for the paper used in books and newspapers requires the harvest of 125 million trees. Their production emits more than 40 million metric tons of CO2 annually. This is "equivalent to the annual CO2 emissions of 7.3 million cars."1 Switching to app reading eliminates the need for paper and ink, reducing the impact on our environment.
- More Content – Your app experience is limited only by the creativity of the presentation, not by the cost of printing and postage. That means we can pack each app issue with more articles and features.
- Access Advantages – As previously mentioned, Dynamic Chiropractic and DC Practice Insights are currently available for reading on iPad, Android and most Kindle devices. In addition, you can get the same app experience on your laptop / personal computer. Almost anywhere you go, you have access to the latest information you need.
- Digital Library – You can access the digital versions of DC and DCPI via the digital library that comes with your app. This gives you immediate access to past issues, as well as the latest issue before it would normally come in the mail.
We've added a new feature to every issue of DC Practice Insights that will make the interactive experience that much better. It is called "Face Off." Think of it as gathering all of the vendors of a certain product outside your office. They wait in line for their three minutes to present their product and why you should use it in your clinic. The print version of this feature includes answers to interview questions, photographs and more. The app version includes three-minute videos of each vendor's presentation to you.
Every month, Face Off will give you the opportunity to view video presentations directly from vendors whose products and services you may be considering, but haven't had time to review. The first Face Off (January 2015 issue) features presentations on laser devices. Topical analgesics, practice-management consultants and anti-inflammatory supplements will be featured in subsequent issues.
The Future Is Now
The DC and DCPI apps are provided free to you as a doctor of chiropractic after you complete our simple registration process. You can put the app on all of your tablets and laptops. There is no limit to the number of devices to which you can add it. Also note that every DC in your office can have their own free app subscription.
If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to register for the Dynamic Chiropractic and DC Practice Insights apps on your tablet and/or laptop. You can do so with a single registration by going to www.dynamicchiropractic.com/app. You will soon see that the apps are a much better way to stay informed and get the information you need to more effectively practice.
- Green Press Initiative: Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here for more information about Donald M. Petersen Jr., BS, HCD(hc), FICC(h), Publisher.