One person, one cause, one major change. History shows us that one person literally can change the world. Over the years, people from Mother Teresa to Martin Luther King, Jr. have stepped up and created change.
Let's face it - the profession isn't growing. The enrollment numbers at chiropractic colleges are flat. I am serious about helping chiropractic. It's time for you to get serious and do something. Join the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress (F4CP). Here are three simple steps to get you started:
- Join the cause.
- Don't get overwhelmed.
- Stay on course.
Join the Cause
The simplest way one person can make a big impact is to join a cause. Teaming up with people who believe in the same principles you do will allow you to accomplish more as a collective group. Think of it as one more person who believes what you believe. What better way to boost your goal of helping chiropractic grow than by joining a foundation with the same purpose!
Chiropractors: The F4CP was founded for you! Designed to spread the good word about chiropractic to the masses, the foundation is working hard to show the public that chiropractic offers many wonderful benefits. Here are the latest F4CP accomplishments:
- Front Page News. Thanks to an F4CP news release, chiropractic got a positive front-page headline in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. The newspaper's story focused on a recent study that found chiropractic reduced blood pressure. The study, which suggests chiropractic care is as effective as taking two blood pressure drugs simultaneously, is published in the online issue of the Journal of Human Hypertension. [Dynamic Chiropractic reported on this study in the May 7, 2007 issue. Read the complete article at www.chiroweb.com/archives/25/10/05.html.]
- Cover Girl. The F4CP has published many full-page advertisements featuring Sarah Harding-Traverso, Ms. Fitness USA 2006, and her positive story about chiropractic. These ads appeared in Sports Illustrated, U.S. News & World Report, Business Week, New York Times Magazine, Health, Martha Stewart Living, and Working Mothers.
- Take a Message. As of the end of June 2007, there have been more than 23 million positive messages about chiropractic. By the end of this month, the number will increase to more than 30 million!
- Let's Get Physical. In March 2007, more than 128 newspapers in 10 states, with almost 3 million total subscribers, included the F4CP advertorial about the importance of physical fitness.
- Can You Hear Me Now? The F4CP sends at least one public service announcement (PSA) a month to more than 2,400 radio stations across the country. Since the beginning of 2007, the number of radio stations carrying the PSAs has increased from 14 to more than 100.
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The F4CP has distributed press releases to more than 2,000 national daily newspapers.
You can make a difference. You are the driving force that runs the F4CP! In fact, we need to grow the number of monthly contributors by the end of 2007, or the foundation may not survive. Currently, around 300 chiropractors are involved as monthly contributors. We need that number to grow to at least 1,000 chiropractors by the end of the year. The F4CP cannot continue its positive work if it doesn't have your support. Time is running out. Join the F4CP - the group that has produced the longest-lasting public relations effort in chiropractic's history - today and help us reach our goal of 1,000 chiropractors by the end of 2007!
Don't Get Overwhelmed
When you think about the millions of starving children around the world, it's hard to imagine that you can do much. But if you focus on what you can do for one child, you'll see that you can make a difference. The same applies to chiropractic. If you think about all the issues facing our profession today, it may seem overwhelming. But if you instead focus on what you can control - your practice, your actions and your leadership - you will see that you can make a huge impact!
Every movement that creates change starts with one action. One person makes a decision to do something new. It's that simple. If you decide to help chiropractic grow, you will. Instead of looking at the big picture first, concentrate on what you can do to support this incredible profession. Think about what you can do to get more people to experience its wonderful results. It's a straightforward concept, and it's one that any chiropractor can support!
You don't have to give millions or even thousands of dollars to help the F4CP. Just making any monthly donation will help. What you choose to give each month is up to you; there's no minimum to give. We ask that you pledge whatever you can to the F4CP to help spread the word of chiropractic. The amount is not important, your participation is.
Stay on Course
Here's the best part - you don't have to start a new path. The F4CP already has started paving the road; you just have to stay on course. You have more power than you know, and the F4CP is here to show you how much of an impact you can make. You are the face of our profession, and if you stand up for chiropractic, you will make a difference! One person really can change the way chiropractic is perceived.
Discover the power of one. Help your patients, help your profession and help the public by spreading the positive benefits of chiropractic. Join a cause that is committed to helping you succeed. Join the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress today and find out how the power of one can change the world.
The Foundation for
P.O. Box 560
Carmichael, CA 95609-0560
Click here for more information about Kent Greenawalt.