With this issue of Dynamic Chiropractic, you also received the July issue of To Your Health, which should be placed in your reception area. To Your Health has four primary goals:
- to attract your patients' attention;
- to educate them about the benefits of chiropractic and a wellness lifestyle;
- to reinforce your role as an expert in helping them to stay healthy; and
- to encourage them to talk to you about their specific health needs.
The first challenge is to attract your patients' attention so they will pick up TYH and begin reading it.
Needless to say, they are more likely to read what they're interested in. It is for this reason that To Your Health constantly is changing the focus of our cover. If you look at the past four issues, you see an entertainment magazine (July), a sports magazine (June), a women's magazine (May) and a fitness magazine (April).
Inside each issue, you will find different articles that educate your patients about the importance of leading a wellness lifestyle. The feature article is an interview with someone who relies on chiropractic to excel at what they do. In these feature articles, your patients read comments such as:
- "Regular visits to the chiropractor are part of my physical training - just like proper nutrition and adequate rest."
- Sarah Harding-Traverso, Ms. Fitness USA 2004/2006
- "My experience with chiropractic care has been unbelievably amazing. I was skeptical until I tried it."
- Elizabeth Loyacano, star of Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular
- "Without chiropractic, I wouldn't be able to play consistently throughout the season. I've been under the care of a chiropractor for eight years."
- Johnny Damon, center fielder for the New York Yankees
- "We have a good connection because he (my chiropractor), is attentive to me, and wants my feedback to help release the pain or adjust the part of my body that needs to be adjusted every other day."
- Jean-Christophe Dasse, a lead dancer in Celine Dion's "A New Day"
In addition, there are articles on nutrition, exercise, good eating habits and spinal health. TYH sets the stage for your patients to be much more informed about the value of your care and how they can lead healthier lives. So, don't be too surprised by the cover of To Your Health. Each issue is designed to appeal to a different segment of your patient population. By the end of the year, we hope to appeal to every one of the more than 15 million U.S. chiropractic patients multiple times.
When well-informed, your patients have the ability to share chiropractic and wellness with their family, friends and co-workers. We want the chiropractic story to be told as often as possible.
P.S. If you have a famous patient, perhaps they would be interested in being interviewed for To Your Health. If so, please contact me directly via e-mail: . It would be our pleasure to share their story with the world.
Click here for more information about Donald M. Petersen Jr., BS, HCD(hc), FICC(h), Publisher.